Friday, October 11, 2002

News of the day from back in Chitown JC is in a frat. Why do I find this so funny?
News of the day in Pune: Classes are over for the week! Today we received our final paper topic. Now I need to write a 10pager by next Thursday. This is harder than it seems, with power outages at least 3 times a day, hot and humid writing conditions, and having to pay for a computer by the hour. But it'll get done. I'm going to try to get a head start and do some this weekend. Hopefully. When Carla, Anju and I are out in the countryside for two days.
After class today Mihra, Carla and I tried to find a rikshaw, but ended up walking for about half a mile before we found an empty one. By that time it was only 8 rupees to our destination: The German Bakery. They had great cheese croissants! I also got a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice (way way way too sour though) and a slice of coffee cream cake. A completely non-nutricious lunch, which probably wasn't the greatest idea considering I'm sick now.
Yah, I'm sick. And it sucks. It all came so suddenly last night. Sore throat, runny nose. A huge cold. I feel terrible. Hopefully I will be able to take a nap before we all head out to party tonight for Amelia's birthday. Or maybe yoga will make me better. Today is the first day of (optional) yoga class. And we have a world-class greatly trained instuctor. I've never done yoga before, and don't really know how I feel about it, but I might try a class and just see how it goes. Plus, it's only 100 rupees ($2).
So the computer that I'm using right now has a tiny dancing stripper that comes out at the bottom of the desktop. It's really annoying and disgusting, but at the same time really funny. You never know what you're going to get at these internet cafes.
Moving Day
Tomorrow we're moving! And none of us could be happier with this decision. Over the past three days we've had so many power outages. It's a really good thing that I brought my headlamp along. No more scary guys. Feeling creepy in your own residence is not good. No more fire hazards, getting electricuted, sparks, and bad security. We're moving to the Pride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home