Thursday, February 20, 2003

Last night was a beautiful night in Hyde Park. The temperature rose, the snow completely melted and the streets were glowing and wet. Everything felt so clean and I was happy to be walking about by myself.
Finally, the book that I have been searching for turned up in the stacks at Crerar. It's brand new, and was somehow missing in circulation in the library. After two weeks of it being lost I am now the first to check it out: Human Cloning and Human Dignity: The Report of the President's Council on Bioethics. Hopefully this weekend I'll find a quiet place to hide away, drink hot chocolate and read.
Today in biology we held copies of the Human Genome in our hands. Each microchip worth $1600 and holds all 30,000+ genes. Pretty impressive.
Tonight in the short span that I was studying at the Reg I counted nine people I knew in one corner of the 4th floor, seven people associated with Henderson house alone. I think everyone here studies too much. ;o) It's the only place that I seem to run into people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home