Saturday, October 25, 2003

I feel much better today.
I slept in and woke up at noon, then my roommate Karin and I headed to Chinatown. We ate lunch, bought some bubble tea (and I had a pineapple shave ice...yummm) and went to the grocery store there where we bought meat, mango juice, various kinds of sauces, and ramen noodles (the good kind! that come with sesame oil to put in when you cook it).
I even bought myself a bamboo plant for my birthday. And, the best of all...we bought three paper Chinese & Japanese lanterns to hang up in our apartment. It was a productive afternoon. :o)
Oh, and I saw the cutest turtle of my life today. It only approximately 2cms long and green and absolutely adorable. They are only $20, and even though I wanted to buy one so bad, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Domesticated pets, especially when they're tropical I can't handle. It just seems wrong to me. They should be in their own habitat, not a tiny plastic aquarium 6"x12" with only a tiny bit of water inside. It seems tortorous. And buying pets just encourages to the animal market. But seriously, I almost bought it. and I do want one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home