Wednesday, November 05, 2003

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY PARKER!
I love you! :o)

My Latest Bedtime Yet This Quarter
Mineralogy is fun (despite my last post). And seriously, I like reading the textbook (yes, I am a nerd). The hours flew by at the Reg tonight and I didn't even notice. Sadly though, I bet I'll still fail the midterm tomorrow, as I do with most tests here after I've spent hours and hours studying. It's late, but there is still much more to memorize.
So I studied with Miss. Erin and Ayla, and met the cute doggies Elmo and Grover. It was fun to study together again, even though it reminded me of those terrible problem sets for Global Tectonics that Erin and I labored over together last year.
Erin says I should blog more emotional stuff..which I will try to do. I guess I haven't been recently because I don't want to always be so downcast and repetative. How do I feel in Chicago? For the most part it's the same as I've felt all along here: depressed, and the people and places I most connect with are still back at home in Oregon. I almost feel as if I'm trapped here, unpassionate and mostly apathetic compared to what I used to be, in this strange body with a strange attitude and personality here in Chicago. I just don't ever feel myself, and I get mad at my own actions and poor brain functions, and sad that I feel unconnected to the world around me. There's some people here who I do connect with, but it seems like no one has time for each other to build solid relationships/friendships at this fast-pace high-pressure studylikecraziness school. So that's that I guess.

Pauls says (1:18:05 AM): "i'm not going to think at all tomorrow. that way there will be a little extra room in cosmic brain space for you to swiggle around in" Hmm. Interesting concept. I hope it works! ;o) I need to do well on my two scary tests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home