Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I protest!
Badminton should not have that stupid silent n. Or else we should change how we say it. I say it should be spelled BADMITTON. That's a funny word. bad-mitton!
In related news, I played badminton for the first time (well, first real time, besides whacking a birdie around on the grass when I was little at picnics) on Monday night. Every Monday and Wednesday evening in the Auxilary Gym in Ratner the badminton club has informal practice. So I went with Kirsten and Paul.
In case you don't know, or didn't realize: badminton is a workout! I'm serious. Very serious. I'm still sore two days later. I had a lot of misconceptions before Monday evening because I thought that I wouldn't need gym clothes, or that I would be moving around much. But two hours later I was drenched in sweat and definitely sore.
Badminton is a lot like tennis (which I played for four years of high school), except the court is much smaller. You need the same skills of volleying, backhand, forehand, and powerful overhand shots. Unfortunately, it's illegal to use two hands on the raquet, so I had a lot of trouble with my backhand. Honestly though, I had a lot of trouble with everything. It takes a lot of practice to get better...which is why I'm going back tonight, this time with gym clothes and a waterbottle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home