Wednesday, August 30, 2006

things are better. a little more unpacked, no more sleeping on the floor, a semi-clean kitchen. but still ants--bleh.

today is paul's second day of orientation, i might join him for the rso fair. and possibly stop by a downtown bike shop to update my bike. a pedal in the rain on a dirt trail showed me the incredible need for fenders if i'm to propel myself around this city for the next few months solely by bike. also, i would like some sort of transport system for my things besides a backpack. i've seen a lot of plastic milkcrate bikes around, and that seems like a good solution to me. also, my computer stopped recording mileage and speed, and my front left brake is faulty, so i need that fixed. other than that though, i'm excited to bike. the roads seem a bit bumpier and potholier than portland, but there are a lot of places to ride. :o)

oh! good news. Since I've now worked at trimet for a consecutive year (i've actually been employed longer, but there was a break in between two times), I accrued 2 weeks of vacation. this means that these past two weeks where i was taking "unpaid leave" are now paid! it's like having a huge surprise bonus. perfect timing.

goals for this week:
*get public library card and books
*organize kitchen
*itemize finanaces in a spreadsheet
*apply for jobs
*get insurance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home