Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter everyone!

Last night Paul & I went to a friend's house and they cooked up a huge feast of an easter dinner. There were 11 of us total at the dinner party and we didn't even finish half of the ham...it was huge. Here was the delicious menu:

-Willow Creek Farm Purebred Berkshire Pork (Free-range, organic feed) Ham with a wonderful honey/brown sugar/molasses glaze. Optional toppings are applesauce and a spicy hot mustard sauce.
-Mashed yams with orange flavoring
-Lemon-steamed broccoli with butter and white wine
-Cherry tomatoes baked with local Bleu Mont blue cheese & fresh sage
-Fresh beets, onions, and apples baked with lemon juice and cinnamon
-A winter salad with currents and many vegetables I had never heard of (sooo good!)
-Bread
-Lots of red wine

Dinner was absolutely fantastic. And for dessert L. had prepared a perfect angel cake with handmade sorbet and raspberry topping. Yum! I want to learn how to make homemade angelfood cake.

Today Paul & I had talked about going hiking, but that plan was dropped because our tires are really bad and our car has been acting funny (I think the tires are out of alignment too because the car shakes as the tires revolve). We need to take it in to get new tires before we drive out of the city again. So instead we're just hanging out at home and Jason, Paul & I made a lovely breakfast of blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and potatoes. I have been fed so well in the last 24 hours. AND I baked banana bread yesterday afternoon so I can snack on that today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home