Friday, June 28, 2002

Blog Networking
Tonight I randomly clicked on a featured blog on the blogger main site. "The Date Project" and surprisingly discovered that the guy is also from the City of Roses. I don't know why, but whenever someone is even remotely connected with Portland or the Pacific Northwest, I just feel some kind of instant connection. Those of your close to me know what I mean. And you laugh. I know. ;o) Anyways, I happened to spare a moment or two and email him (no, not because I'm looking for a date!) to invite him into the portlandbloggers listserve. I hope he joins. I think the only real way that we can make this Portland Blog community grow is by word-of-mouth, which on the internet translates most closely to personal emails. So I feel it's my duty to try to seek out Portland blogs and invite people to join. Tonight was my first attempt at recruiting. But that sounds dumb to say. Really, I just want to form a blog community in which we can all interact and have a little fun. The Portland group is having monthly meetings, but since I haven't been back to Portland yet (and got whisked away to Alaska for a few weeks) I've still yet to meet up with my fellow Rose City bloggers.
We're (the few people on the listserve at the moment) attempting to make a website that is sort-of like a community blog networking thing. Hmm. Actually I don't know exactly how to describe it, cuz it hasn't exactly evolved yet. But the process is underway and moving fast.
Which reminds me of another thing I've been meaning to blog about....You know what I wish. That blogger would make a little tool that would connect blogs easier. Like dairyland does. (see Ashley's profile in her blog as an example) For instance, in diaryland a profile is linked to your blog and then in your profile you say, Hometown: Portland. And Portland is then linked to every other diaryland blog that links Portland. Same goes for favorite bands, favorite writers, etc. It's a fun way to meet other people. Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Hmm. Maybe time to take a little action and somehow email blogger with a suggestion. But that's just a little too much energy for me tonight. And I still have some snail mail letters to write. Goodnight all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home