Saturday, July 06, 2002

MuckTuck Smoothie, Don't Save the Whales
I have mucktuck stuck between my teeth. Black rubbery skin of whale. The white blubber went down easily though, it's much softer and less springy to bite. Blassi got a whole slab of mucktuck (whale blubber) and has shared it with all of the RE's. I put a little chunck on top of my smoothie I was eating tonight during floor time and all the 4th floor girls were like "What is that!" and I smiled: mucktuck smoothie. Hehe. They were either extremely disgusted and gave me faces, or just started laughing. I enjoyed the attention. ;o)
It's neat to have some native alaskan food. Moose, caribou, mucktuck. Yum. To be honest I can't say I absolutely love mucktuck, but I sure wouldn't mind having it every once in a while! At first bite I had a strange taste similar to hazelnuts. I've actually had mucktuck once before while I was at an A.I.S.E.S conference here at UAF, but I don't remember it tasting quite the same. I think because before it was killer whale. Blassi says it's an aquired taste. Actually, the taste isn't so bad in my opinion. It's just the strange texture, the rubbery, bouncy, chewy "eskimo-chewing-gum" texture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home