Tuesday, July 02, 2002

PC(USA) 214th General Assembly
The Presbyterian Church--USA's 214th General Assembly is finished. Without my presence. I was nominated for a Youth Advisory Delegate position, but during the final round of interviews wasn't given the position. I was a bit disapointed, but it wasn't that big of a deal. And then I wouldn't be here in Alaska, so it all worked out for the best. If I had attended I think I'd be pretty riled up and very upset. I'm a bit more conservative than my denomination, most especially about abortion issues.
Evolution & Creation
The Assembly also "approved a resolution affirming that God created the universe and “there is no contradiction between an evolutionary theory of human origins and the doctrine of God as Creator.” The measure, prompted by an effort in Ohio to have the state Board of Education ban the teaching of evolution in public schools, calls on Presbyterian scientists and educators to help Presbyterians and the public 'understand what constitutes reliable knowledge.'" This seems like a huge step for the church.
Taco Bell Boycott
WOW. I am shocked to see this as featured in the Assembly. Assembly urges boycott of Taco Bell!. After all the nonsense protesting at the University of Chicago. I just thought this thing wasn't such a big deal. wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home