Saturday, September 21, 2002

Orientation Day
Leslie and Ellen are just about the nicest girls ever, I've decided. I've invaded their apt for a while now. I feel a bit bad about it, mostly because I have all of my stuff stacked up in their living room taking up space, but since I'm leaving in 4 days I have nowhere else to stay.
So today is the first day of orientation. All the new first-years move in and start to unpack. The campus is very busy, and all of USITE is closed (which is really annoying) so I'm back in the Hinds computer lab to check my email real fast before I zip back to the apt. It's feels different to be in this building on a Saturday when it's deserted.
To Do Before India
*Buy a mini-alarm clock
*Buy locks for my suitcases
*Get traveler's checks
*Email lots of people
*Update my address book
*Figure out my classes for winter quarter
*Catalog all of my pictures from Iceland that I just got developed
*Visit with as many people in Chicago as possible
*Go see the Garfield Park Conservatory Chihuly exhibit one more time. (I went three times last spring, I just love this so much!)
*Buy more film for my camera
Photography
I got my Iceland pictures developed. They turned out great, I think. Some of them were a little fuzzy due to my newness with the camera, and others turned out much better than imagined. And I have Aurora Borealis photos too! *smile* I wish I could share them with you all. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the patience or the time to scan them in before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home