Friday, January 24, 2003

This morning started off not so great. Last night I stayed up relatively late (for being sick) and I realized that I had missed one step in Stata for my Statistics problem set. This meant that I would have to wake up extra early this morning, get to campus to the computer lab and re-do the entire thing. Fine. Ok. I can do that. So I woke up at 6:50am this morning, actually on my own, and looked outside to an absolutely gorgeous sunrise. I had a really bad fever all night and was drenched in sweat, it felt so disgusting. It was really hard to sleep...after waking up though I was really tired and feel back asleep 40 minutes later. Then I woke up later and realized that I needed to catch the bus to get to campus...I grabbed some toast and peanut butter and went down to the busstop, only to realize that I was 30 seconds late and the bus was just pulling away. I looked down to realize that my Icelandic wool & fleece hat had big splotches of peanut butter on the inside. This did not make me happy, neither did walking to campus coughing like crazy until I felt like I was going to throw up (my lungs just can't seem to take the below-freezing coldness).
Peanut Butter
So now I'm trying to look up how to get peanut butter out of wool and fleece. Anyone know? I've looked on google with no luck, only to find: The Peanut Farmer Magazine, The Peanut Butter and Jelly Press Catalog, 2000 Alternate Uses for Peanut Butter, and even Cleaning a Gravestone.
Ok, but despite being sick today there were some good things that happened. One is that I finished my Summer Links application and turned it in to the University Community Service Center. This is a big accomplishment for me this week considering that I just decided two days ago to apply and scrounged up some reference letters. It felt good to hand in, even if it wasn't as complete or as perfect as I could have liked. Another good thing was biology (which I still really like!) and hearing about our lab next Monday where we'll get to experiment around with our own DNA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home