Sunday, January 19, 2003

Today, although I have accomplished nothing in the academic realm, has been a productive day...
All morning: Woke up early even after going to bed at 4am! Then proceeded to skip church to bake cookies and sing praise songs in the kitchen. End result: about three dozen chocolate cappuccino-chip cookies! Yumyumyum.
Mid-Afternoon: Gave cookies to Alex, who has so nicely helped me with computer troubles and I re-installed the Microsoft Office Suite so I can actually write up my Biology lab tonight. I also connected my computer to the printer. Oh it feels so good to be back with luxuries. Although this paying 6cents a page now is really annoying. But nothing that big to complain about.
3pm: Gregorian Spanish Chant and Polyphony (16th Century) at Rochefeller Chapel.
5pm: Lovely Pierce dinner with Karin where I ran into my prospie from last year who now lives in my old house! Hurray for Portland girls at the UofC.
6pm: Training for working with Safe Space. I am volunteering once a week to teach/have fun with kids at a Domestic Violence Shelter. It looks like a great program, and the theme for this quarter is Art/Music/Dance from Around the World. :o)
Now I'm back in my apartment about ready to meet with a girl from the environmental club about the "Battle of the Bulb" program at Stony Island. (I guess I'm helping to present tonight at my house meeting?), hang up posters, and figure out how to get recycling to my dorm.
It's been a good day. I feel like I've actually accomplished something, even though I have many hours to go when I think about starting homework tonight... oh well. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home