Wednesday, January 15, 2003

A few interesting things have happened lately. First, I've been impressed by my Core Biology class. After long conversations hearing people complain on how horribly boring core bio is, I have been so impressed by my professor (who is great!--she uses so many analogies and makes it fun, while still going really in-depth), my lab TA is really cool (and coincidently, also from Portland, Oregon), and my discussion TA is a fourth-year Genetics grad student who is really really really nice. She's from Texas, seems very laid back and very smart. We ended up having the 50 minutes fly by as we debated about human cloning. Also, in lab Monday night I was amused by my fellow classmates and actually had done "designing" our own reaction time experiment. I'm looking forward to the rest of the labs, and especially working with my fun lab partners.
Yesterday I had a fun evening. GeoUnion had our bi-weekly "Leisure Time", which this week consisted of a potluck spaghetti/brownie/garlic bread dinner and playing the board game Survivor. hehehe. Some people in our geophysical science department are a little obsessed with the show. Nick even burned a CD of the music, so each time we voted people off or people left it was even more authentic. It was such a UofC night it was so much fun! ;o) Even the graduate students came and played. I love my little geosci community.
So from there I left early (and after an hour and a half still hadn't been voted off) and walked to the Med where I met up with the people who I went to India with last quarter. Everyone showed up except the usual suspect: Ashish. ;o) It was really really neat to see everyone again. And we squooshed 15 of us into one table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home