Sunday, January 12, 2003

The Worst Nightmares of My Life
One strange thing about me is that I do not dream. Well, I've been informed by many people that I do dream every night, and that it's just an issue of remembering my dreams in the morning, so I guess the most accurate description is that I hardly ever remember a dream that I have. At the very very most it's about two a year and they're usually about 5-10 seconds long (just a picture of something, or a small action). In middle school I tried a whole bunch of techniques to try to remember my dreams in the morning, but with no luck. And all of those creative writing assignments that were given out about how you're supposed to recall a strange dream that you've had and write more about it...I never could do those.
Last night was way different than normal. Maybe it's because I have a low-temperature fever, or that I'm a bit sick with a little sore throat, but for some reason I had two dreams last night that when I woke up this morning I distictly remembered. To be more exact, they were nightmares. This puts the tally of nightmares (remembered in the morning that is) I've had in my life to three. The first one I had when I was little in pre-school which I still remember was running through a cave with the Berenstain Bears and having hot red lava chase after us. But the two I had last night were terrible, much different, and extremely realistic. I would much prefer not remembering my dreams at all than recalling them again.

The Simpsons & Portland!
In other, much more entertaining news, Ruthie emailed me a neat website about Portland, Oregon which I had never seen before. It's pretty neat! It's all about Matt Groening, the author of The Simpsons, who grew up in Portland, Oregon going to one of my rival high schools. I guess I had heard rumors that The Simpsons was somehow connected to the City of Roses, but I never really knew that it was for sure. Now my city has way more connections than I ever thought possible. Definitely check out Matt Groening's Portland website, and also this article from the PortlandTribune. I especially like the end of the article: In his heart, he says, he’s still an Oregonian: “I’m just temporarily relocated. I’m moving back. I love Portland.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home