Monday, January 06, 2003

First Day of Winter Quarter
Statistics was boring, and the professor was just ok, not excellent like I expected. But maybe he just needs some warming up in the quarter. ...let's hope so. But I might change to another section, I'm not sure yet.
Global Tectonics: We had a meeting today to decide when the class will meet, what we'll be doing, and where. My professor is taking off for Taiwan tomorrow and won't be back until the 20th, so it's sorta like having independent study sessions as a class with the TA. We all got assigned articles and are going to have discussions on them each MWF for class. I am presenting Friday. yikes. Gotta start reading.
Biology: mean MEAN mean. They gave us a pop quiz the first day! And our teacher didn't even show up, there was a sub! It's sorta like an extrance placement exam and we'll get put into sections by how smart we all are. I really wish they would have told us that we'd be having this. I haven't taken biology since junior year of high school, and I would have liked to refresh my memory a little bit before diving into a test that will determine the rest of the quarter for me. arg. Why are proteins essential for life? How is it that organisms can feel/taste/touch/see/smell? (explain on the molecular level)? What is the purpose of the spleen? What is the purpose of the liver? What does DNA stand for? [I forgot the D! How could I forget that! panic]. Some questions were easy, like on symbiosis and do this chromosome chart, etc etc. And some I totally forgot translation/transmission/transmigration/whatever. yikes. i did terrible. Sudeep would be ashamed. I hope you're not grading mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home