Thursday, November 06, 2003

Nourishment
Due to some bothersome anisotropic minerals, I skipped lunch today. I am the crankiest person alive when I skip a meal. My stomach feels like it turns inside out and all I can think about is pain, and the urgent need for food. I can't concentrate on anything else. I need the essentials to function: 3 meals a day. I don't see how people can go without, and yet hundreds of thousands of people a day are in hunger--a much greater hunger than I'll ever experience. On days like today, when I go 12 hours without food, it makes me realize even more just how lucky I am. I've also been thinking about the concept of fasting (Biblically, and also this time of Ramadan), and just how important and powerful it is: it shows a commitment of faith and a concentration on more important things. I don't do this enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home