Friday, July 30, 2004

Today was the last day of classes for the program. The students had a 2 hour science fair that I attended which wrapped up their science/math portion of the program. I was amazed by their preparation and oral presentations. Also, tonight we had a talent show. All of the kids were awesome and I felt like a proud mom. Oh....and I sang too! In Yupik, while one of the students danced.

I had a loooooooong night last night, for reasons that I cannot blog about. It was emotionally draining and uplifting all at once. Maybe I'll explore the general topic sometime in the future, it's one that I care about greatly and an aspect of some people's lives that I am particularly concerned with. As it is now, I have a little more to follow up on the situation, and I need to sleep.

I had a kinda strange impromptu interview today with the superintendent. But even though the two minute conversation completely confused me, I'm told that all is well. From what I hear around the group it sounds like I'm almost 100% in. And someone is fighting to share my time with them. Which feels pretty AWESOME! Things will work out, they always will. Once it's finalized I'll let you all know about the big (intimidating but exciting) plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home