Saturday, September 18, 2004

Pefect Weddings
My cousin's wedding last Sunday was so great. She looked absolutely perfect in her wedding dress and everything was so elegant. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was good, and everything was simple and sleek. The ceremony was held in my front yard on the grass, with a backdrop of big trees, ferns, and greenery, including one magnificent cedar tree. I live in a historic house (1905ish) and so we got ready on the top floor, where my sister's and my bedrooms open up with french doors out onto a balcony overlooking where the ceremony would be held. As the guests started arriving we could peek out and survey the scene from above. Once the guests got settled, my sister and I decended the stairs and walked out the front door down the steps to the grass first as the two bridesmaids while two violinists played, then after a moment my cousin followed down the aisle to a peaceful acoustic guitar song to meet her soon-to-be-husband. It was so great, so lovely, it made me smile.

It's still hard to belive that my best friend is getting married in less than a week!! Today I went with Nicole to her final dress fitting. She looked absolutely amazing and completely beautiful. Since her wedding is on Saturday and no one has seen the dress, I'm not going to describe it, but it's so perfect for her, just like my cousin's was perfect for her body and personality. I can't believe that this Saturday is her big day....it's come so soon! I'm so excited. With all of the little details that Ethan, Nicole, and her family have put into the wedding, it's very genuine and impressive. And perfect. I really don't think it could get any better. :o) Now to just perfect my toast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home