Friday, October 15, 2004

Today's a day of "let's pretend I have a LOT of work to do when really I don't". So I called every Fire Department in the general vicinity of Portland just to verify that their stations haven't moved, address is the same, etc. Most of the people answering the phone were super friendly, but there was one lady who was very suspicious of me. I guess it was the second (!) call she's had asking for the location of their fire stations. Even after I told her who I was and what agency I was working for to update our databases she acted like I was some kind of terrorist trying to spy and get information that is top-secret. It was silly.
I have nothing to do and I have over an hour to go still. I'm just "too fast" according to my boss. She swamped with a management work right now so she doesn't have time to create some kind of project for me to do. She's been looking around for little tasks, but can't find any. Or when she does it takes me only a short while to do (and that's even when I'm slacking and doing other things like surfing the net at the same time). It's really kind of odd, because since I've finished my part of the BIG project I've been working on a month early I have nothing to do, but I was promised full time work until the beginning of November. And even then I'm taking days off to start my Metro job early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home