Friday, October 01, 2004

Employment!
Great news! I got the GIS Planning Internship with Metro. It looks like a really neat position: "The purpose of this internship is to provide GIS assistance to Data Resource Center staff in researching historic redevelopment and infill trends in the metropolitan region. The intern will assist in analyzing aerial photos, building permit information and county assessment records to calculate the metro area 'refill rate' (the proportion of development being supported by redevelopment and infill); and creat a refill database..."
I haven't officially accepted it yet. The problem I am encountering is that I still am working fulltime for TriMet until the beginning of November, but Metro wants me to start on October 18th. Also, I hope I am getting the GIS Technician position with the City of Hillsboro, and so I need to figure out if the schedules for the two part-time positions would mesh well or not. I really don't want to say no to this Metro position, but it's at the low end of the barrel in terms of wages, and it's not as long term as other positions (until approx. January). But at the same time, the people I interviewed with were really nice and I think it would be a great learning experience; I love the actual project--it's really cool to be working analyzing the Urban Growth Boundary. I called today and they are willing to be flexible to hire me. It feels so good to be wanted by an employer! I'm really happy, it's just hard for me to try to figure out how this is all going to work. And I'll be without benefits or healthcare by the end of the month, which is a little scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home