Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A Fantastic Wedding!
Well, it's over. My best friend is married! And off on her honeymoon in Costa Rica right now. Everything was so perfect. Well, that's not completely true...it wasn't perfect, but no one noticed the imperfections. The missing veil, the change in procedures during the ceremony, those turned out fine. The funnist thing that happened (which the bride doesn't even know about and will probably learn about it here) was when I was helping Nicole get dressed in her gown. There were about 30 buttons down the back of her dress and I was slowly latching them up. I got to the third one from the top and the ivory silk covering the button fell off in my hand as I was trying to hook it on. If the photographer had noticed me right then I think it would have been a very funny picture because I was in shock but trying not to show it. How are you supposed to tell your best friend that her dress that she had custom made was broken before the wedding and before the photos? I just keep patting Nicole on the back and telling her I only had three more buttons to go and then she would be all finished. Meanwhile her future mother-in-law and I were whispering behind her back and giving each other looks asking each other for help. How can we fix this? We need to find some superglue! We tried are hardest to just push the fabric back onto the button, but it wouldn't stick. So I secretly handed the fabric off and continued buttoning her up, meanwhile, pointing at the broken button to signal to other people to help us fix this but to not tell Nicole. The metalic button was glaring at me and looked horrible. But when I finished I then realized the good news. Nicole's dress had a little cuff at the top and that one button was the one being covered by the overlying material. We were saved. I'm sure no one even saw it or noticed. Nicole looked so beautiful and amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home