Thursday, December 02, 2004

While as of yet I am still not a complete NPR snob, I have to admit that I am heading in that direction. Working 8 hours a day on the computer in an office, the computer has become my best friend, and online radio has kept me entertained throughout my many repititious Alt-X-S and right-clicks of the day. In particular, Seattle's KEXP, and NPR's This American Life from Chicago take up most of the hours of my workday. I've become so obsessed with listening to every back episode This American Life that for the past three weeks this has taken priority over listening to the actual news, so much so, that today I suddenly remembered that NPR actually has other decent shows that deserve my attention, such as Morning Edition and All Songs Considered, which used to be my focus in past months.

Additionally, last night I started reading I Thought My Father Was God and Other Tales from NPR's National Story Project, which is a combination of stories sent in bylisteners for NPR's Weekend All Things Considered. Any story could be sent in, the only catch was that it had to be true and it had to be short. The end result is a collection of 15 dozen random stories which are a great read.

I'm still book-hungry. I've been reading a lot, although not as much as I would like to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home