Monday, September 19, 2005

In less than 2 months I will be married. That sounds so old. It also seems like I should stop blogging, because in my mind married people don't blog (that's for the young college folk), and are boring. But I know that's not true, and actually pretty rediculous. It just seems strange to think that I will be MARRIED and a WIFE in just a few weeks. I don't think I like those titles, although I am looking forward to everything.

200+ envelopes sealed, 3 more to be calligraphied by my mother tomorrow morning, and 70 .pdf email invites to be sent out for those that I don't have addresses to. All in all though, I bet many won't be able to make it, although we would love to see everyone at any one of our three receptions. Gifts are not needed, we just want to celebrate with friends and family and have fun. I'm super excited about the recipes too....I bet we'll get some great ones.

Tomorrow after work I am going to pick up our lease (2bdrm apt with a balcony/patio in Sellwood for cheap!) to sign. We're getting the place a month early (Oct. 2nd) so we can start moving in before the wedding and also so that we can turn it into a hostel-ish atmosphere for friends who are flying out. I hope it all works out, considering we had problems getting the initial apt we wanted. Then, tomorrow evening Nicole and I are driving to Bridal Veil, OR* to mail the invitations. I know, a bit extreme just for a postmark, but they handstamp them and everything with a special wedding one. Plus, it's only a 28 minute drive, and a GORGEOUS** one through the Columbia River Gorge past many waterfalls. I wasn't going to do it, but Nicole insisted (that's what best friends are for), and it will be fun to talk along the way.

Paul took off for Outdoor School today, so technically I will only see him for 6 days--all Saturdays--until the week before the wedding. That means I have a lot of planning to do on my own. It's a bit overwhelming when I realize how much we need to prepare for with such an informal recption space in Portland, even if it is a ballroom (coat racks, tablecloths, soundsystem, flowers, etc.). Lots of little details too.

*I really wanted to link to the statistics of the Bridal Veil Post Office, but I couldn't find them. They're pretty astounding in terms of how much mail is siphoned through, and the ratio of wedding mail to regular mail, considering the PO is about the size of a shoebox.

**One of the Top 10 Fall Foliage Spots in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home