Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tonight I went to the secret music-video release party for The Shins! Oh yeah baby. I found out about it because the bouncer at the Fez, who also happens to be my roommate Sarah, was cool enough to let us know. So Paul, Kate and I attended, trying to blend in with the hipster croud. There were people who had wandered in off the street, some who were there because they were close to the band and the creators of the video (who looked dashing in their suits), and others like us who probably just heard through last minute word of mouth. Over 120 in all.

The video was for their awesome song Saint Simon, and it was shot in "Michoacan, Mexico, a region of mountains where pretty much every Monarch Butterfly in North America migrates to"....the video traced the lifecycle of a butterfly and, sadly, was pretty dull. I was disappointed. Kinda a let down when you imagine in your head this fantastic music video to a great song (I was thinking of something like Beck's), and it turns out to be boring and displaying a slightly awkward feeling through the video. But oh well, the night was a fun experience anyways, and Kate and I spent about an hour playing gin, instead of drinking it. ;o)

Update: Modest Mouse & The Decemberists were there too. coolio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home