Tuesday, April 18, 2006

This weekend was a sick weekend. paul was super-sick. we went to the doctor and luckily he did not have strep. the good news is he will get better with rest and ibuprofin, the bad news is that ODS is non-stop so he's not going to get much rest (esp. hiking around all day with dozens of sixth graders).

tonight nicole, ethan and i spent hours making adorable baby shower invitations (clarification/update: for nicole's sister in law who is due in two months). and on thursday i'll start making heidi's bridal shower invites (we are doing the exact same ones!). they are GREAT. like this concept but even cuter (using the same stamp).


I am very intersted in becoming a doula, but I'm still unsure if I should take the next step or not. Mother Tree is having a basic class 'So you want to be a doula?' on may 13th. I would love to go, but it's $65, and because I'm not sure if the doula thing is even for me yet, that seems like a lot of money. I am leaning more and more towards attending. I've been wrestling with the thought of studying midwifery. Being a doula seems like such a great thing for me to be able to participate in. It's kinda like being a midwife and counselor and friend and coach and encourager all in one, but not exactly any of those solely or specifically.

gtg. tomorrow morning i am up early again. 6:58am bus ride to vancouver, wa where i'll be attending a GIS conference. hip hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home