Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Whew. Another long weekend, but this time a more draining one.

Friday was pretty cool, but L-O-N-G. Found out that I had to be out at 135th & Stark by 6:45am. With no car, and no short bus options, I left my apartment at 5:30am (I haven't been up this early since I took a redeye flight!) to bike the 10.1 miles in the dark. Yep, that's right, due to daylight savings time, it was pitch black pretty much the whole way there. Good thing I have decent bike lights. I took the Springwater Corridor to the I-205 Bike Route, then up Division and arrived at David Douglas High School right on time. Oh, and I forgot to mention that right as I was leaving my driveway my entire chain fell off my bike and I had to put it back on...luckily it was fairly easy to do.

Anyways, we rode for 3 hours on the bus with 43 high school students and arrived at the Newport Aquarium a bit late. Had a class, a self-guided tour, and meandered around a bit. The old Keiko/Free Willy killer whale tank is now turned into this exhibit called Passages of the Deep. It's one of those things where you walk through some acrylic tubes where the water, sharks and fish are swimming all around you. Pretty neat. I learned that sturgeon also live in sea water. After lunch we headed over to the Hatfield Marine Science Center, a part of Oregon State University, and had a two hour class on the various phylums of marine animals. Very informative with lots of living examples for us to touch and observe. After a brief stop at the beach, we spent another 3 hours on the bus back to school, and I started biking home at 6:50pm. A full, tiring, but lovely, 12 hour day plus 2.5 hours of bike commuting. Luckily, my lovely husband returned back from ODS before I got home, hopped on his bike, and met me at mile 5.5 on the return trip home. :o)

Saturday was mostly spent at home with Paul, watching movies, talking about grad school, and then doing laundry.

Sunday was supposed to be spent with Kate on a grand adventure, but instead it was one of the worst days ever. I was super-sick. Stayed in bed all day long, staring blankly at the tv. Barely ate, barely drank. My stomach had a life of its own and was in control all day. So sick. Finally crashed sometime late at night and then woke up feeling semi-better when my manager called the next morning. Went into work at 10:30 with much better health. I'm still feeling very low-energy, but happily feeling much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home