Thursday, March 16, 2006

i'm all alone. my first night by myself. paul left for berekeley this morning and won't be back until saturday. it feels so sad to come home to an empty quiet apartment. i miss him already.

this morning i drove our car (a stick) for the first time by myself. now, this doesn't seem like a big deal to most, but I hate to drive in the first place, so it was a huge scary deal for me. i was all tense for hours afterwords. I dropped paul off at the airport and then drove back home through rush-hour traffic. i avoided the freeway and took 82nd/powell instead. i only peeled out once on accident, and stalled once, and had many studderings and lurchings in between. it was embarassing, but i made it. i even somehow managed to turn a corner at a busy intersection in 3rd gear (from a stop)....don't ask me how.

i sound so pathetic.

mexican train dominoes last night was great. so is cheesecake and 24! mmmm cheesecake....maybe that's what i'll have for dinner now that paul isn't here to cook for me. ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home