Saturday, March 11, 2006

second round of identity fraud with citibank.
dangit. why does this keep happening to me? this time it's not as bad as 2004 (when i found out that someone had stolen my information, put a card out in my name for over TWO YEARS and sprung up some charges--but was actually paying on them.......i was never informed of this other card in my name and i had to go through HOURS of phone calls with the bank, and talk with two different police departments which gave me contradictory directions...it was a huge pain, and really a big waste of time, because it's not like i get anything out of it besides shutting down the account and preventing futher charges. even though the crime is a FELONY it's not like the cpd really cares enough or has enough resources devoted to prosecuting these people...even though i fanagled the address of the person using my name out of one nice citibank rep and found out that the person was living only two blocks away....i let the police know but they didn't do anything....i walked down there and glared at their window...i wish i was tall and strong so i could just ring their doorbell and just punch them. they should be in jail for screwing people like they do with identity fraud). anyways, this time someone opened up TEN msn accounts in my name, charged them all in a span of two days, and also opened some premium account with my card. who knows how they did it, or where they got my info from. it's scary. i haven't even used my card in over 2 years (since i moved from chicago), and i have my physical card, so it's not like they stole it to get my info....i have no idea. i've even been shredding every possible piece of information/mail about me since 2002. so now i just spent 40+ minutes on the phone with both msn and citibank (and they hang up on me, and tried to get me to buy their promotional overdraft charges with each person i spoke to....annoying) trying to get this figured out. now i have two long letters to write explaining the bogus charges and trying to get a refund on my money which was stolen out of my account. etc etc etc. sucky. ok, end of rant (for now). just had to type my anger out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home