Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ok. My babies are officially ordered. I'll be getting them the morning of the 30th and I bought:http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

-1 Light Brahma
-1 Buff Brahma
-1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
-1 Rhode Island Red

They're coming from Ideal Poultry in Texas, and I'm going to desperately plead with them to send a Golden Laced Wyandotte instead of the Light Brahma (supposedly the Goldens were sold out)....we'll see. I really want a Golden because they originated in Wisconsin and they have wondering coloring to them.

I went to see another coop in Madison yesterday. It was made mostly with found/free objects....that's what I want to do with my coop as much as possible.

In other news this week and last week have been the first official "green" weeks in Madison, as in, the tress finally have leaves! I am glad. I've been waiting for this for forever. It was kind of depressing to be in wonderfully green Portland the second week of March and come back to Madison still all grey and dreary. But now Madison has hit spring/summer weather. I'm loving it. And I love riding my bike to and from work each day, even though the bike path and roads suck. With the warmer weather there are so many more people out and about, and we finally met our next door neighbors. They have two cute girls and seem super nice.

There's a TON of yardwork to do, as the yard is pretty overgrown an hasn't been tended to in a couple of years. So I'm taking photos of many of the plants so my mom can identify the weeds from the good ones for me when I go visit. One thing that I do love is that there are tons of bleeding hearts, which is very cool.

Although I've had much more energy now that the weather is nicer and the world is greener I'm still in a bit of slow motion. I'm hoping this will change. I need to write up a list of summer plans, summer wants/needs/desires. There is so much in life to do. And so much of Madison and Wisconsin to explore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home