Monday, September 17, 2007

I love autumn, but this cool days and nights that suddenly arrived have made me a bit sad. It means that winter is on the way, and I really don't want this winter to be like I remember last years (depressed, lonely, sad, & very cold). But I want to blame that on being a newbie in a unfamiliar state, with a limited network of friends and family nearby. I am, however, very excited for: hot chocolate, apple cider, pumpkins, crunchy colorful leaves, and [occasional] soft white snow.

The house is slowly being cleaned, and I think it's time to host another party. Maybe a harvest party with pumpkin carving?

This weekend I'm heading to Hyde Park. I haven't been back since I graduated over three years ago. I'm happy to go and walk around my old neighborhood, hang out with Ruthie & A, and spend some time around the city. I'm also secretly hoping to spend some time at Nordstrom Rack.....it's embarrassing to admit, but I love that place and Wisconsin is lacking. I am a sucker for shopping. I'm also excited to visit HPB again and see K&E on Sunday.

Today I went kayaking on Lake Mendota for a little bit. It was neat...only my second time kayaking, and my first time with a whitewater kayak. Now I'm back at home very early in the day because I'm banned from work. Today is move day for our office; tomorrow we'll be on a brand new floor with brand new everything. Unfortunately, I'll still be in cubicleland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home