Sunday, March 09, 2008

this morning i finished the last harry potter book. done with the series. and i had to finish the last fourth of the book fast because it was due yesteday and on paul's library account, where i had already racked up $6.30 in fines. i am so money-conscious grocery shopping, and clothes shopping, but for some reason i end up donating loads to the library. the portland library wasn't so much of a problem because i got an email 3 days before items were due as a reminder, but the madison one does not have this smart feature.

so what should i read next? i have no book in line and i feel naked without something to read. i should probably grab something from our bookshelves only 20 feet away from where i sit, since we have probably at least 200 books, but i'm just not sure what.

3 Comments:

Blogger Supersaps said...

What type of book are you looking for? (Fiction? Non Fiction?) What are your interests?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now I'm in the mood for some light reading that is entertaining but well written. Or some kind of novel that's simple, fast and good....I guess similar to a summer suntanning read.

I'm not a big fan of fantasy, romaces, or mysteries....although I did enjoy Harry Potter once I got into it (which surprised me) so maybe I should re-read the Hobbit and try out lord of the rings, or something like that?

-kristy

9:19 PM  
Blogger Supersaps said...

No fantasy, romances, or mysteries! Ack! :) Those were all I used to read until grad school hijacked my time.

The last good summer suntanning read I did was A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian I have some David Sedaris books on my shelf that I'm looking forward to reading...those are usually pretty funny. As is Bill Bryson!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home