Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my friend carrie recently posted a 30 things to do before 30 list. it's made me think of what i would put on a list if i had one. maybe i should start. i can think of a ton i would like to put on it, but what would actually be feasible for me? 3 years isn't so long form now and i can't do everything. of course, there should be some items that are a "reach" and lofty goals too. remember those writing warmups from grade school? maybe that will help to get me started. in nor particular order, as they come to my head: (i will try to create the real 30 list by the end of the month)

-actually remember paul's birthday and give him a creative gift
-obtain furniture that i am proud of
-bike in the snow, regularly
-cut my hair short and/or get bangs
-learn how to wear makeup
-learn how to invest
-donate/volunteer
-become a mom
-have an active lifestyle, regularly
-obtain a nice digital slr
-write long and thoughtful letters to friends
-travel to india
-travel to china to visit karin
-backpack in the cascades
-summit south sister
-return to glacier, tetons, denali
-visit the olympics, yosemite
-take up beadwork again
-get past the basic knit & perl(purl?) stage in knitting
-go on a long solo bike ride at least twice
-join the peacecorp
-become a foster mom
-change professions
-go back to school (in what exactly?)
-find a church family/community to participate in locally
-send thank you letters to teachers of the past
-create something and sell it on etsy
-garden.
-create a plan for redoing the kitchen, if not an entire remodel
-figure out how to invest wisely and start the process
-wear high heels at least once
-have art on my walls, with one or more originals from me
-volunteer with children



umm. the more i write this the more i realize i think i've done this in a past post. i should find it. just a big long wish list.

what is your 30 before 30? 25 before 25? 50 before 50?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When I read "writing warmups from gradeschool," I thought, hey, I did that too! Then I realized, oh my goodness we did that together. What a funny thought.

My favorites: learn how to wear makeup (me too!), become a mom/ foster mom, and art on the walls. Can't wait to see the final list :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Ruthie Hansen said...

I can help you with the knitting part!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home