Saturday, April 06, 2002

Ok. Attempting again to post my thoughts. This is harder than I thought it would be. Mostely because of stupid computers.

So InterVarsity Christian Fellowship was great tonight. I attend each Friday night and tonight we had this great speaker, the senior pastor from Convenant Presbyterian Church. He spoke about "True Worship" and what it really means to worship God in all that we do and why it's meaningful. Every day, focusing on sincere worship. This is something I need to work on. He's definitely been one of the best speakers this year, and I'm excited for the upcoming speakers this quarter. I have heard good things about them all.

And, another excellent thing about tonight: I got great hugs from Parker, which I can never get enough of. :o)

I had a nice talk with Trish this evening. Ranging in topics, but mostly concentrating about the University and how we have changed and also how the environment around us has changed. Too much to type here, but it was really nice to express joys and concerns about personal issues. We connected on a few things which was pretty cool considering I don't feel very close to many people here in my house (for those of you who don't know my "house" is the 5th and 6th floors of Pierce Tower [Dorm]. Every two floors is considered a "house" with a lounge/kitchen in the middle. At full occupancy each house in Pierce has about 60 people). The house dynamics this year are just so different from last year. I don't feel comfortable talking to many people and there just doesn't seem to be the same community and friendship that was present last year. I've now definitely become much more reculsive and it's starting to bother me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home