Tuesday, April 09, 2002

On the redline today there were two of the cutest boys in the world. And one was just learning how to tie his shoe. I wish I could remember some of the phrases he said to quote him, but my memory fails as always.

My interview. Hmm. Was it even an interview? Let me explain. 180 W. Washington, downtown. They had given me the wrong address, but it was easy to figure out the mistake since I knew it was on the corner of Washington & Wells. 5th floor. Turns out there were four other people interviewing at the same time. The leader, Dave, was a very enthusiastic guy and we discussed some stuff as a group for a while. Then he took us back one by room for personal interviews for the “few positions they had”. I was first. I talked a bit, and he talked a LOT. He asked me what I thought about the position and I told him that I had a hard time with the whole money issue. I mean, I’m extremely for all of the environmental issues that I would be supporting and petitioning for with Campaign to Save the Environment, but I have a big problem with just demanding money as I go door to door. I’d rather talk to the community and inform them on the issues, not having to work for commission (~$350 a week if I make the set quota of money donations, plus 35% of the donations...so there is the opportunity to make over $5,000). I told Dave this, I mean, that has to be the worst thing you can say in an interview like this right? That I wouldn’t be able to take money (when that is almost the sole purpose of the job). But he spent the next 20 minutes trying to convince me to take the position. I was almost laughing by the time I came out. Did he really want me that bad? I think they’re just putting out desperate pleas for help. I’m still deliberating about working for them, but leaning on the negative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home