Sunday, May 12, 2002

Today was actually pretty fun, although my goal of studying physics was not achieved (midterm Wed. I am really in trouble now). I went to lunch at President Randall's House for three hours. Talked with Randall for actually an extensive amount of time and met a ton of rich alumni. Including talking with the ex-CEO/President of Amoco for about half an hour. He was happy that I am concentrating in geophysics and was trying to convince me to get into the petroleum industry. I think not! Oh, that house in Sleepers (a movie that I've never seen but now really need to watch), well that was filmed in a guy's house who is a UC alum and a scholarship donor. coolio. Ms. Dolin wasn't at the gathering, I missed her, but it was still neat to talk to a bunch of people. There were some cute elderly people there...including a guy in a red bowtie and PLAID pants! LOL. And this was a very dressy elegant event. I was impressed by his style and spunk. Oh, the disapointing part of the afternoon was that they had sent me an email saying that there would be a lot of food. So, naturally, I skipped breakfast thinking that I would have a nice sitdown full course meal lunch thingy. I thought wrong. There was a lot of food, but it was all high-class, silverplater with orchid decoration finger food appetizer stuff. Not so great to fill your stomach with. Although there were some of the best desserts on earth there, I must say. I met with Boyer (our dean). And at the end of the lunch, when everyone else had left, I was with President Randall and we got to ScavHunt business. hehehe. Items #288: MTV's Cribs presents UofC President Tony Randall. [70 points] , #266 accomplished! I took a digital video camera and got Randall to give me a tour of his house. Three times! Embarassingly, the first two times had to be repeated because I couldn't figure out how to record. But he was supernice about it and patient. I was very impressed with how nice he was. The video turned out to be pretty funny, and he "kicked us out" at the end, just as they do in the show. Also, tonight I completed Item #22, which is 183 points! And it's even bound with reg materials, has an official stamp, barcode, receipt....everything! :o) Thanks Andy! Scavhunt is ......going. I guess that's all I can say. I'm pretty unimpressed by it this year for the most part. I mean, it's still fun, but there's just some component that's missing. Maybe we'll find it when the judging starts tomorrow. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home