Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Will gave me some lilacs tonight. It smells so good. I miss the smell. I brought the branch into the lounge as I was studying for physics tonight and just leaned over every few minutes and smiled. :o) He walked over to President Randall's house tonight and picked some from his backyard (supposedly they were lying over the fence). Flowers make me miss my yard at home. My parents are huge gardeners and whenever I call home I usually never catch them because they're outside....just sitting, or planting, or landscaping. And we always have many flowers blooming, or blueberries or something to be picked. When most people would be running off to the florist for boquets, we just walk out the front door and make incredible floral arrangements in minutes. In the summers I eat every meal outside. Either sitting on my front porch (on the second step from the bottom), right next to the lavender, or walking around barefoot in the grass. It feels so good to be outside during summer evenings and just to know that you're away from the city and in a little oasis....your own yard. I am so fortunate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home