Thursday, October 24, 2002

Back livin in the Oxford of the East
It's nice to be back and get all settled in again, although today Anju and I will have to move rooms in the Pride, because for some reason our rooms reeks of some disgusting smell. We can't pinpoint it, but it is incredibly gross, and we are not about to live in that room for a whole month.
I love having Three First-Weeks in this program!
Second day of Ancient Texts and Religion class today. I thought it went pretty well, but some people seem very frusterated. I am too a bit, but I really enjoyed the readings that we were assigned last night. Finally so many of my questions were answered and I feel like now I really can understand India better once I get a better grasp on Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, etc. I feel like most people in this program have a bit of a lead over me when it comes to this class...I'm still about getting basic details about everything when lots of other classmates seems to have already studied South Asian texts and religions. Oh well, it'll be a great adventure, it just means it's gonna take me a bit longer to understand the readings.
Stuffed
My tummy is so full. I had this huge thali for lunch today, it was excellent, but no matter how hard I try I can never finish a full thali. That's one of my goals to accomplish before the end of this program. ;o) I still can't understand why anyone doens't like Indian food. I love every meal in this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home