Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Lack of Pictures
I thought I'd be taking lots of pictures while I'm here, but really i've only been brave enough to take 9 so far. 4 on Elephanta Island of the caves (because even the Indian tourists were taking pictures there), and then 5 that i snapped in our moving bus through the open windown of the horrible horrible slums in bombay (that appear everywhere around india). i was scared to even take them then, and felt bad about just snapping them as we moved by, but it just doesn't seem right to take pictures in this country. or safe to carry around a camera. i don't know. i want to take pictures of our day to day life to document it. but i take pictures with my mind instead. i bet when we go onmore excursions i'll bring my camera along though. Like this weekend all day Saturday we have a group outing from 9:30am-5pm on a bus touring Pune and the outskirts of the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home