Saturday, July 12, 2003

Oww!
I am a complete wuss. And definitely not a kid anymore. I've been laying in bed for an hour. Rearranging the position of my body numerous times, but nothing seems to help. My elbow STINGS in pain so badly. I can't sleep at all, all I can think about is pain. Was a skinned elbow ever this painful when I was little? I never remember it to be. Maybe I'm just old now and can't "bounce back" the way I used to. So I throw on a shirt (spaghetti strap tank tops are against the rules here) and head to the office to get some aloe. Luckily master first-aidman Coby is there. I unmaturely whine like one of the students about how much it's stinging, and he sprays Burn Spray on me (which is NOT supposed to make it hurt but it does very very much to our surprise) and then gives me some more triple antibiotic to apply to the scrape. Both of which are supposed to have numbing effects, and so far I think they're doing the trick. I now have a nice neat gauze pad taped to my arm. It makes me look like I've been in a bad accident or something.
But really I was just in a fight with one of the students. Well, at least that's what I am telling people when they ask. Really, both of us (the student and I) had a little squabble with the concrete. We crashed into each other as she tried to pass me on the main bridge downtown. A very unwise place to pass someone on a bike, but to her credit she did yell "Left!". Unfortunately, I thought she was trying to say that we were to turn left after we made it over the bridge, not that she was going to pass me on the narrow strip of sidewalk that we were both cruising on. And so, as our bikes hit each other and she flew into the street over the curb, we both crashed to the ground and had a nice chat with the concrete for a bit. Very very very luckily, there were no cars.
So now I'm sore. A scraped left knee (that really doesn't look bad at all, but it's very sore and hurts very badly to move...making me walk funny), a purple-bruised right, and a disgusting looking scraped right elbow. To be honest, these scrapes and bruises are really nothing, but for some reason they're effecting me much more than they should.
Aww well. Nothing I can do about it now. Time to finally get some rest. 4 more hours until my alarm goes off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home