Sunday, January 18, 2004

American India Service Corps:
An answer to a prayer!! After reading this blog over the past few days and realized how strong my desire is to return to India (or a similar place in the world) and work on some kind of service project I had been spending much of my time this morning researching ways that I could return. I-to-I seemed great, but too expensive; I don't have the money to pay to work somewhere, it needs to be free or paying me.
And then I got a forwarded email from my roommate which included information about the 2004-2005 American India Service Corps Fellowship. It seems too perfect to be true. The best opportunity ever! 9 months, teamed up with an awesome NGO, and paid to help out! It would be a dream come true. I'm going to apply..the deadline in January 31st. The only problem is that the program starts Sept1st, and Nicole's wedding is the 25th. I doubt there's no way to get around that deadline but I'm going to try my hardest to apply and then we'll see what happens. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home