Friday, October 15, 2004

Yesterday riding the MAX I ran into a girl I knew and was really good friends with from a summer program in high-school. I haven't seen her since then. She sat down next to me with her friend and chatted for 30 minutes. I recognized her right away, but she gave no indication of remembering me. It was hard for me not to say hi, but it would be extremely awkward with her friend sitting there (and I would have had to interrupt their conversation)...and what was I supposed to say anyways? Especially if she didn't remember me. Then she'd either make me feel bad by not remembering or else pretend to remember and then jumble through a hi-howsitgoing conversation making small talk. "Hi, remember me from the summer of 97? you borrowed my two favorite shirts and never gave them back?" Yah, I want those back now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home