Friday, December 17, 2004

Cooking
I'm so excited for dinner tomorrow night. I'm making Mughlai Chicken, handmade Naan, rice, and whatever else comes to my mind sporatically in the next 20 hours. I'm mostly worried about the naan, since our oven is an extremely old oven and doesn't always cooperate nicely. I need the oven to be superhot to be able to make it right. Too bad I don't have a tandoor--now that would be awesome. It would also be happy to have a pizzastone or something of the sort to bake on, but I'm lacking that also.
Last night I made my second bath of ghee (clarified butter), and I'm happy to proclaim that it came out perfect this time. I'm embarassed to say that the first batch burned a bit...but in my excuse, I didn't have any directions and really didn't know how to make it at the time...I didn't know that the second it turns amber I was supposed to immediately take it away from the heat....I had thought that you left it on for 10 more minutes and it becomes clear. Much to my dismay, it burned instead. Last night, however, my ghee was whitish-yellow, and not brown! I was so proud of myself, even though ghee is so simple to make.
I think tomorrow things will go smoothly, as long as I don't kill the yeast. hehe. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home