Friday, December 17, 2004

Each day it gets harder and harder to go to work. Work is so BORING I can barely take it. There's no thinking involved, and everything is going so s l o w l y that it's painful. Seriously. I would rather be working at McDonalds. And that's not even a joke.
I've been sleeping in until the last possible second I can, then I lay in bed for about half an hour, and it's only until my dad actually gets up and gets in the shower that I know that we really have to go. But in the past week I've drug out the morning so much that I've been arriving at work at 9:45 or 10:00. And then everything goes ok until about 11:30, which at that time I start going crazy. By 2:30 I'm barely hanging on and it's hard to see the light of day...it's hard to even THINK about working another hour. Luckily the past two days my dad has come to my rescue and he's picked me up at 4:30 (working a grand total of 6 hours, and most of those aren't at my peak productivity because I hate it so much) and we've gone to Costco, or wherever. Anywhere is better than work.
I would quit, but I really think that would be rude. Because this is a grant project I'm working on and I promised to work until the end. Or at least, I would need a good reason to quit. Like being hired at another (much more wonderful) job. I'm in this viscious cycle right now. I hate work so much that I have to work short hours to be able to stand it, but at the same time, I need to be working longer hours in order to actually get this project over and done with faster. My goal is to finish on January 7th, the day before I head to Maui, but we'll see. Cross your fingers for me.
I am usually such a hard worker. Always putting in 100%, going over and above what I have to do, and being superly efficient about everything. But with this project, I think it's one of the only projects to which I know I can do better, but I can't, and I'm almost to the point where I'm beginning not to care. It will get done, I'm doing a good job, just not as well as I could be if I was in a different environment. I feel like it's not even my fault. Things could be better, but they aren't, and I have no say in anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home