Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Things have been a bit crazy. I already completely spaced on wedding appt, and then double booked myself for a different date. Last night I finally got a planner to write stuff down in to help me. Also, it surprises me how much family and friend "politics" goes into wedding planning and organizing. It's like I'm walking on thin ice trying to keep everyone happy and not jealous....and I thought this whole wedding planning process was going to be relatively simple. Yah right.

If nothing else, at least I'm happy with our invitations. Which reminds me to finish sending them! About 90% done though, which takes a bit more stress away. In two weeks if you happen to be reading this and haven't received one send an email my way and let me know.

Tomorrow I'm co-leading a field trip for DD Highschoolers to Bonneville Dam, which Woody Guthrie composed and sang many songs about (funded by the BPA). I'm slightly nervous because I still have the lesson plan to write tonight and I want it to be perfect. Which is impossible--there's just too much info and too little time. We're going to divide the participants into 5 groups: Engineers, Ecological Communities (ie. Salmon), Boaters (Rec/Bargest, etc.), Energy Users/Consumers, and Native Groups. Then we'll give them questions to ponder in small groups and quotes to read (which i need to prepare!), and have them present/debate on their view on the dam.

Sidenote: the March of the Penguins was nice to see, but not a big thrill. I wanted it to be a little more indepth with more info, but overall the penguins' journey is pretty amazing. And they are beautiful birds.

Okay, time to get to work and dye Sarah's hair black!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home