Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dinner with L & S tonight at the Prime Rib on Sandy. Don't be fooled--that place is not a dive! My oh my was it fancy. Good wine, excellent prime rib that they make right in front of you (they bring the kitchen to you!) and the "petite cut" is not so petite at all. One of the best dinners I've had in ages.
Gossiping, hugging, reminiscing, and overall I just felt so good reconnecting with old friends who I care so deeply about, even though I hadn't seen them in four years.
I still don't understand how I can get tipsy with just one large glass of red wine, prime rib, squash, a baked potato, and carrots, plus a delicious salad.

And two great meals in one day. This morning for brunch I went to the Tin Shed (13th & Alberta--my favorite breakfast spot in Portland!!) with Nicole, Lori and my mother. To do some girl talk, planning, and just admire the three women who I love. It makes me smile just to think about any one of them and how important and beautiful they are in special ways.

Today was one of the best days in a long time. To see Paul off this morning (sad, but nice to actually see him!), and then spent quality time with so many great people, and then to read Kate's blog about her current adventures in Ireland. I feel complete, and thankful, for many important people in my life.

PLUS. Sonca is coming to the Chicago reception!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home