Monday, October 17, 2005

On Saturday Paul and I designed our rings and went in to talk with the metal designer. He's calling me back with the quote on Tuesday, and once I say yes they'll be done in a week or two. I'm excited to see the finished product, since at this point it's only in our imagination. I have a general idea of how it's going to look in person, but not exactly. Think 5mm width white gold straight-end band, with two planes bisecting the ring (almost parallel with the ring, but each slightly off-center in a symmetrical fashion, similar to forming a wedge ), then a hammered finish in between those two planes so that it is 1mm on one side, going to 3mm on the other. Hard to visualize? It's hard to explain without a diagram, but the concept is actually relatively simple once you see it.

On Sunday I met with a flower lady (the same one who did Nicole's wedding flowers) and ordered all the wedding flowers. The final total is slightly over the amount I wanted to pay, but I trust her and know that she does excellent work, so I think it will be worth it to pay a bit more. Plus, we've been saving so much on other expenses, it evens out. Orange mini calla lillies with warm orange-gold roses, and berries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home