Thursday, December 08, 2005

As most of you probably guessed, I am not still stranded in Omaha. In fact, Paul and I arrived back in Portland last Thursday after a long drive through the night (and snowstorms!) from Fort Collins, CO. We stopped at the Sierra Trading Post Outlet in Cheyenne, Wyoming on Wednesday and it was awesome. I bought a pair of earth shoes, and lots of discounted smartwool socks. score.
We told only worried relatives about our safe return to the Northwest on Thursday, and decided to lay low for a few days as we slept a ton and organized and cleaned our incredibly messy and chaotic new apartment. The first public appearance the new place makes will be tomorrow evening for a fantastic dinner (it's a surprise for now, but I will say that one recipe is coming from our new Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home cookbook, which I adore!) which will be my highlight of the week (second place is of course pub trivia, but food always wins). So starting Friday, feel free to invite yourself over anytime...by then the apt should be in livable condition. ;o)
I am back at work in my little cubicle, sitting in front of a computer for 40 hours a week. This means that I must urge everyone to blog or email frequently and fervently, because I am desperate for stuff to read as little work breaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home