Monday, May 15, 2006

Randomness:
*It has been summer weather in Portland for three whole weeks now. today must have been in the mid-80s at least,and tomorrow is forecasted at 93 degrees! i got a sunburn on accident by just sitting in the sun for a little over an hour while reading and talking (and i usually never burn so easily!). i want to skip work and go bathe in waterfalls and gorge streams...
*I spent mother's day at my parents house. no surprise. and her only gift request was that i spent time in my room cleaning/sorting and ultimately getting rid of as much as possible in preparation for their big move (which has been anticipated to be late summer....although my dad surprised my mom by saying this evening that maybe they should wait another year).
*A freeks&geeks marathon will soon be taking place at my apartment.
*I am now one month behind in watching 24, and if any of you ruin the plot for me you will be in big trouble, so no spoilers!
*I tried on heidi's bridemaid dress today and it fits perfectly, except needing to get it hemmed because i am short. the last wedding dress i wore, i had alterations done that turned out horribly. if anyone has any advice on alterations places in the portland area i will love you forever.
*katherine and eric are coming to portland to visit. hurray!
*paul's parents are tentatively coming out to visit. hurray!
*paul's aunt becky who i adore is coming to stay with us for rose festival week. hurray!
*if your name would like to be added to this list, you better start planning quick because my last days in oregon (for a few years at least), are filling up fast. :o(


Things I wasn't going to blog about, but now feel I should disclose:
*I have a huge spider bite on my back. gross. i think i got it while sitting outside in the sun today. that spider must really hate me.

*I regift. And I will be doing so this week.

*I really superly enjoy giving and receiving mail. i know this sounds silly, since for the past year I have been the worst pen pal ever, but today I was going through my old desk and basically read every note and piece of mail I have received in my life. Which is why it took over 4 hours just to clean three desk drawers. And did i throw away/recycle them like I should have? of course not. only about 20% of them. I just can't throw out heartfelt letters which mean so much to me. today going through love letters, angry letters, year long pen-pal long distance letters, letters from relatives, birthday/christmas/graduation cards of all kinds, admiring letters, postcards from around the world, outdoor school letters, cheesy boycrazy letters, recommendation letters, returned letters, half-written attempts at correspondance, and so much more, i am just blown away. by the love poured out from close friends. by the dedication and caring nature of people i took for granted. by the four specific guys who sent letters of love. by the honesty, integrity, maturity (and of course immaturity), emotional intensity and close friendship of a certain someone who i will never forget. by letters received from those who harshly and unexpectedly passed away without a goodbye. by the continual support of two amazing and indescribable friends who I hope to spend the rest of my life growing in relationship with. by my loving husband, whose caring, complex, dedicated letter writing that kept us in touch even when we were many time zones (and sometimes continents) apart.
I am resolved to start back up my letter writing correspondences beyond the circle journal. this is one of my new top summer goals. if you would like a letter in the near future please give me your address and i will make sure to send you sometime. :o)

*In contrast to the above paragraph, which I would loosely label as goodness, something terribly violating happened this week. luckily not to me directly, but i still feel very disturbed. it's not the type of thing that is best on a blog, but i'm just going to throw it out there, because i really don't know how to process this information. i live in a very small apartment complex...there are only 10 units, and we all share one washer/dryer which is only about 50 feet away. i have never used it, because it sorta creeps me out where it's located, i don't trust the water from our pipes not to be rusty, and my parents house isn't too far away (plus it's free there!), but we were going to do a load yesterday for the first time. 20 minutes before putting it in, while bringing groceries up from the car, a neighbor stops me to talk. she's been trying to track me down the past day or so because she really needs to warn me about something. so she tells her story: a couple of days ago she heads down to put a load of laundry in, then makes sure the door is firmly shut before heading back to her apt (only apt users have a key, the washer/dryer unit it located in this semi-scary underground tiny room that is only accessible from the outside....it's supposed to be kept locked for safety reasons, esp. since there's a few homeless people who frequently wander the area). when she comes back to put her laundry in the dryer the door is open. strange, and annoying, but she puts her laundry in the dryer and no one is nearby. she firmly shuts the door after her. she comes back to pick up her laundry and the door is open again. when she gets her laundry she then notices that the liner of her underwear has been cut out, but that the underwear were placed back in her load. CREEPY, and very violating! i mean, what is up? only someone very insane or messed up could be doing this, and it's either one of our close neighbors or a past neighbor with a key. ahhhhhhhhhh. i live in a very wholesome, clean, nice, great neighborhood, and to think that this is happening around me makes me a bit scared. esp. since i live along for 5.5 days a week. but besides keeping my door locked, and avoiding the laundry room there's really nothing else I can do. Of course, I am writing a letter to my landlord, and hopefully she will change the locks, but other than that I can really only suspect and distance myself from unfamiliar neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home