Saturday, June 03, 2006

Even though the past coupla weekends have been low-key, they've been pretty good. Two weeks ago Paul and I went to Mt. Tabor and spent a few hours relaxing in the sun and then throwing the frisbee around. I love the top of tabor, especially on such a perfect day with lots of happy people strolling around enjoying the view and the park. There's always a few people that you see though that make you do a double-take. Like when two people stopped about 25 feet away from where we were laying, took out a huge horn (literally animal horn) and very slowly (but loudly!) proceeded to bugle away on it to three out of the four cardinal directions. It looked like some kind of ceremony.

Last weekend I spent at the beach at my grama's house with my aunt and uncle who recently got back from Italy and Malta. neat to see their pics from the trip. it rained all saturday and half of sunday, but that's ok with me because i love storms at the beach. luckly, my grama's house is on the oceanfront (with only some trees in the way), so I peeked outside every once and a while, but mostly I just read and chatted. Monday (Memorial Day), was a paid holiday (still can't get over the fact that I get paid to have holidays!), and Paul came home that morning after having his ods retreat at a differe spot on the coast. We had an impromptu bbq down at the willamette waterfront using my cute little orb bbq from ikea. nicole, ethan, sarah and kate showed up. had shishkabobs and enjoyed another marvelous weather day. short and sweet.

this weekend paul and i have no plans exactly. but tomorrow night is the monthly book club. today i read a ton (this is my month of reading!...4 books so far) and then paul and i went to the park to play tennis. now, mind you, i have not picked up my raquet in years. and though i played in high school on the tennis team, i am still pretty much a beginner/intermediate. paul was very patient with me. i forgot my inhaler, was allergic to the cottonwood furriness in the air and basically due to the fact that a) it was a hot day today and b) i am in the worst shape in my life, there were 2 times when i had to take a 5 minute break because my vision started becoming blurry and i thought i was going to faint. but overall, i didn't suck as much as i thought i would, and i really want to continue practicing and play throughout the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home